Thursday, November 27, 2008

A surprisingly contented Thanksgiving.

Hi all.
I am surprisingly content.
It's Thanksgiving.
I'm sitting on the couch, all by my lonesome. I have a glass of wine next to me (not the first, I do confess, or the last, I admit...), a belly full of white bread, spinach casserole, and chocolate pie. I'm watching Bee Movie and the Cowboys, simultaneously. I am hopped up on DayQuil, because I've been sick all week. I have a fake tooth in my mouth.
And I'm surprisingly content.
Tomorrow I'll be mad at myself for eating crap, and a lot of it. And just to add insult to injury, I'll have to do the dishes. God willing I'll be a little hung over. I'll still be a month away from my family. I can only imagine that I won't be married, or pregnant. That might depend on how much wine goes down, but we'll save that for another post.
But today, it's Thanksgiving. I have a job, amazing friends, the apartment to myself, no need for a shower, heat and electricity and cable, a pretty good sense of humor, no one to answer to, and one still-functioning nostril. The right one.
Happy Thanksgiving, all.

No comments: