Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lifetime, Real-Sized.

Now, before you go getting all smug and holier than thou and assuming that I've returned to my slacking, blog-lazy ways, again, let me just tell you I have been a very, very, VERY busy girl.
I have been working. Oh yes, you read that right. Working. The charming genius that is Allison Hemming has already got me busting tail on copywrighting gigs. I took a meeting with the three amazing minds behind Charitybuzz, who are looking for someone to come in and roll out a strategy plan for their marketing. (I explained to them that I'm not the strategy person they need to put the plan on paper, but I sure would love to be the content person that puts the plan into action. Check them out - they are doing some truly inspired, exciting stuff.) I've been meeting with Ally, putting our two cute heads together on ways to make my creative brilliance and exceptional talent both profitable and available to the world. I've exercised lots. I've lunched. I've movied. I spent three days in the Hamptons with Scott, toasting our misfortunes and plotting all sorts of wonderful schemes for our bright, bright futures. And I've been packing for a long, much needed trip home. Okay, so a lot of that doesn't actually sound like work, but you'll have to take my word for it.
And I've been challenged to get my ass writing. Writing, writing, writing. I explained to Ally that it took me three or four years into my acting career before I actually had the nerve - and pride - to call myself an actor. I don't want it to take me that many years to call myself a writer. I've also been warned to knock off the sickening level of self-deprication... but that'll take awhile, and a therapist I'm afraid. (Hence the references to my creative brillance and exceptional talent. Just trying to see how the other half lives. The self-appreciating half.)
So I'll need you all to keep kicking my ass - you're excellent at it, by the way, you bullies - and I promise to keep off it. My ass, that is. Something good is going to come of all this, and it's right here on the horizon. That's some scary stuff, but so exciting! It's like a life-sized, real-time choose your own adventure!

No comments: