Thursday, July 9, 2009

But I'm ALWAYS Somewhat Off-Balance

CHECK ME OUT. This is THREE days in a row. I tend to steer clear of the all caps a good percentage of the time, but sometimes it's just UNAVOIDABLE.
I am like a shining example of commitment to craft. A beacon of self-discipline. I have no idea what that means, but the phrase just popped into my head and seemed too profoundly deep (and funny) to ignore.
For all of you who are counting, you know today is DAY TWO (okay, enough) of The Furlough. (This would all be a lot worse if that wasn't such a fun word to say.)
And I have to say - it's been a weirdly optimistic day. Not that that's a complaint, obviously - I was just prepped for the freak out and I'm still breathing regularly and keeping my food down. Must be all the yoga?
For example, here is the horoscope that was waiting for me when I woke up:
Dear Leo, here is your horoscope for Thursday, July 9:
You may feel somewhat off-balance right now, but as long as you can adapt to your new circumstances, you should be able to keep moving forward. Flexibility is the key to success for you right now.

I mean, right? It's impossible to panic when clearly the universe has your back.
And throughout the day I've been getting hit with love and support. Like, smacked right upside the head with it. Acquaintances are hooking me up with potential freelance gigs. High school friends are hugging me, Facebook-style, left and right. And some of my who-knew well-connected friends are already out wheeling and dealing for me. And whether or not any of that leads to a paycheck in the next couple of days matters very little. My psyche is being well-tended to and that feels even more important. (Author's note: that is subject to change, violently and with much hyper-ventalating, with no warning.)
Plus it's been gorgeous out, and you know it's tough to wish you were sitting in an office instead of out running in the mid-afternoon sunshine.
So I'm keeping on with the business of keeping on. I'm writing. This may just be a silly little blog to you, and that's because it is. It is a silly little blog. But it's me, writing, and keeping the creative juices from congealing. Mmmm.

No comments: