Wednesday, February 4, 2009

25 Random Things About Other People

So, as you Facebook friendly folks know, there is a craze just sweeping the site: a tagged note of "25 Random Things" that has proven, for me at least, to be a completely wonderful, entertaining insight into the friends I know really well, and the ones I don't. (Even the Times is getting in on the story.)

I talk a lot about my amazing friends, and how they've sustained me over the years. See for yourself -- 25 poignant little hysterically heartbreaking insights into the people in my life...

12. I love interesting people. Hence, my BFF Libby. She is insane about cleaning. She once came to visit and reorganized my entire closet. I was so thankful to have such a friend! She also informed me that I had 16 pairs of jeans.

10. My husband is laughing at me right now... shouting out ideas for this stupid list.

21. When I was in high school, my family planted a tree in a park in remembrance of my grandfather. In 2002, my now husband took me to a park named after his grandmother. It was the same park.

3. I am STILL hopelessly terrified of the band KISS, the Incredible Hulk and making my parents mad.

3. Being pregnant has made me appreciate my mother more.

17. i don't like taking out the garbage or filling the ice cube tray so i don't do either.

21. I'm really good at getting the job. I'm really bad at keeping it.

20. I stay in touch with all my ex girlfriends... except for one. I adore all of them... except for one.

23. My secret dream in life is to be a writer. My secret fear is that no one would be interested in what I would write.

10. I'm a card-carrying Feminist, but I've always wanted a fairy-tale wedding.

3. I rarely write a FB status because I would rather just read Jessica Stone's.

24. My husband is my best friend and favorite person in the world, but I still couldn't tell you his favorite snack or what he would order at a restaurant.

2. I believe in love at first sight.

19. I like living in Los Angeles, but I'm madly in love with New York City.

6. Twenty FIVE random things? I'm getting a little tired of working on this.

17. i killed my hamster snowball when i was 7. it was an accident. i wanted a dog. my parents wouldn't get me one. so i took snowball for a walk. i tied the rope around his neck a little too tight, and well-- that was it for snowball. terrible. i am still scarred.

10. not an hour goes by that i don't think of my mom.

21. I once attended a “Felicity” series finale viewing party. That’s still the gayest thing I’ve ever done.

24) I spend $2 a week on Lotto.

6) I wish my family lived closer to me, but not that I lived closer to my family. If that makes sense.

11. My husband says that I have a secret boyfriend. He lives in my freezer and he calls him GG. (grey goose) but he's no good to me without olives.

10. I am COMPLETELY different than I was in high school. Thank God.

11) I ran my parents around the world three times over in my childhood, but I think it was good for them.

17. I wonder nearly every day if living where I do is worth all the things I'm sacrificing to be here.

10. I'm strong enough to be alone, I'm just not very good at it.

No comments: