Sunday, May 6, 2012

Stretch before you blog.

So, apparently, the problem with taking a fourish month hiatus from writing a modest, humble little blog of rants and raves about not much at all is that, when it comes time to start doing it again, there's pressure. It's self-imposed pressure, for sure - it's really not like any (okay, many) of you have been wailing and gnashing teeth to get me to pick up the pen. But it's like going to the gym. Or Flossing. Or a rock star's sophomore slump. You think it's no big deal to take a break, to rest up, to get unsore. But then, probably without even noticing, you get lazy. It's a vicious cycle. Inactivity breeds laziness, and round and round you go. I go. Blogless.
But it's a lovely, sunny Sunday, and I don't feel like exercising. Interesting conundrum, when one element of laziness trumps another.
Maybe if I get rid of all my floss, I'll finally finish my book.
That's all for now, kids. It really is sunny out there, and I really do like the sun. And I really don't want to overexert my creativity all at once, and risk a blog-ending injury.
Oh, and I (clearly) have nothing to write about, even by my standards. But I'm open for suggestions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeehhhhhh your back!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom said...

Such a. clever girl...